Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quick Breakfast Casserole for the Weekend


I found this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch recipe book called Almost Homemade. I love recipes with few ingredients that you usually have already in the kitchen. I tweaked it to fit in a pie plate instead of a 9x9 baking dish. This smelled so good while baking and was the perfect size for Taylor and me for Saturday morning and to reheat on Sunday morning. I served it with fresh pears and strawberries. We loved it!

1/2 bag of hash brown potatoes almost thawed
1/3 cup of melted butter (I think next time I'll use less...you can see it's a little greasy looking.)
1 cup of cheddar cheese
handful of chopped ham
handful of chopped cooked bacon
any veggies like onions, peppers, spinach
3 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 tsp of seasoned salt
9" pie plate greased

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay hash browns on bottom of pie plate and pour butter over. Mix to coat hash browns. Bake for 25 minutes.
2. Add cheese, ham, bacon, and any other toppings.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and seasoned salt. Pour over top.
4. Return to oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.

No comments: