Monday, April 26, 2010

Marinated Salmon with Mango Kiwi Salsa


Yumm...Tonight I tried this recipe from Cooking Light, found here and we had mixed reviews. We loved the way the salmon was cooked. It was perfect! But, the salsa wasn't our favorite. I don't get mango. I've never liked it. Even when I've had my class try it during our Social Studies World Trip, and I try to make them try it. It's messy, too. How do you cut a mango? I had mango slipping and sliding all over the place. It seems to have a pine-y taste to it that's not my favorite. If you make the salsa, I didn't completely measure the ingredients. I used 2 kiwis, 1 mango, a few sprigs of cilantro (1/4 cup seemed like a lot!), and enough orange juice to cover it. On the side, I served cinnamon and sugar pita chips! They were delicious. Just use anything like pita bread, tortilla, or flat bread (which is what I had) and butter them and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and then broil them until they are warm and golden. They went really well with the fruit.

To conclude: Great salmon, few ingredients, 20 minutes from start to finish, someone else would probably like the salsa.

Also on the menu this week: BBQ Chicken Pizza, Broccoli Beef Stir Fry

No comments: