Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Brown ground turkey, add taco seasoning. I like to put this in the food processor to make the meat consistently ground.
- Use whole wheat tortillas for extra healthy benefits. Poke them with a fork because they tend to raise up in the oven. Sandwich a little cheese between and bake this for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Take it out and spread taco sauce on top. Add the ground turkey, cheese, tomatoes, green peppers.
- Again, bake for about 5 minutes until the cheese is gooey.
- Top with green onion, guacamole (not pictured), sour cream, tomatoes, etc.
This recipe was really quick, yummy, and versatile. I had mine plain and Taylor ate his on a sandwich. I used chicken fillets and panko bread crumbs instead of what the recipe calls for. I also baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes on each side. I would make it again because the spices and the crunchy panko bread crumbs were just right. It's spiced with thyme...which I think I really liked. I think I should have let it bake a few minutes longer to make the outside a little crisper.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Today is our two year wedding anniversary. Here's a picture of us on our honeymoon in Destin, FL. We were walking and enjoying the sunset that day and soon after, the ocean swallowed up Taylor's camera. I would love to be at the beach right now!