Sunday, August 01, 2010

Creamy Veggies and Chicken

This was a clean out the cupboards kind of meal. I started searching for something to cook. We had no raw meat, we had already eaten wraps for lunch, and I almost made pancakes. Then I saw a can of cream of celery soup and looked on the back to see if there was a recipe. There was! And it looked good! So I tried it...and it was good! The recipe was for "Creamy Stir-fry," but I didn't have any soy sauce on hand and really it didn't taste like stir fry at all, so I renamed it. Taylor didn't love this, but I thought it was warm and comforting and great for using up a lot of ingredients we actually had.
  • Boil a half of a box of noodles. I had radiatore.You could also use rice, or none at all.
  • Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  • Once the oil is hot, throw in cooked (because that's what I had, use raw though to make it better) chicken and cook.
  • Chop up veggies and add. I had a bag of stir fry veggies (broccoli, carrots, and snow peas), but then I also added water chestnuts and celery. Add 1 tsp. minced garlic.
  • Stir it around until the veggies are crisp and tender.
  • Add a can of cream of celery soup and about 1/2 cup of milk. Reduce heat after the soup and milk have mixed together well.

No comments: