Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Favorite Meal: Snacks for Dinner!


Well, maybe it's not my favorite. But sometimes it is! Here are my favorite quick and cold finger food snacks.
  • Smoked turkey, marbled cheddar, and apple on toothpicks. Toothpicks are so fun.
  • Peanut butter on Pepperidge Farm sesame wheat crackers.
  • Hummus with carrot sticks (real carrot sticks, not the nubs) and flat bread triangles seasoned with olive oil, salt, and Italian herbs. 
  • Apple and marbled cheddar
  • Crispy, crunchy grapes
This kind of food reminds me of spending the night at my good pal Jamie's house one night in high school? or college perhaps. We went to the kitchen late in the night for a snack. I think it all started with wondering what a certain kind of salad dressing tasted like. I hadn't ever had it and Jamie insisted that I should try it. Her parents were sleeping and we tried not to wake them up, but we were also dancing, running, fist pumping, and giving major thumbs up of approval while we ate delicious snack combos like this.  Things like Monical's French with carrots, peanut butter or honey on ev-er-y-thing, and chocolate and butterscotch chips. We were also hysterically silent laughing the whole time. So fun. (Smorgee's Team Cafe!)

No comments: