Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pumpkin Festival Weekend

Friday after school, I hurried through all of my grading and lesson plans and gym workout so I could have a weekend full of fun. We spent Friday night at the fest, with two friends, Dave and Megan....
We had Uncle Bud's cider slushes and pumpkin ice cream. Taylor and Dave rode the Zipper, and we just walked around for a couple hours enjoying the sights and such. The weather was chilly and perfect!

Saturday morning, we attempted pumpkin pancakes in the tent, but the line was way too long and we weren't sure if Taylor could get to work on time. So...we went to a little breakfast restaurant (which used to be called Penny's! But now is called Sidwell's.) Their pumpkin pancakes were pretty delish...
Taylor left for work, then my family and I went to see the craft booths and found our spot for the parade. My mom's brother and his wonderful family were in town for their first pumpkin festival experience. The parade started out pretty good.....
Jessica (13), Paige (4), and me sitting on the curb waiting for the floats!
 Mom, Uncle Chris, and Aunt Jean 
But, we didn't get to see any of it because of this quickly moving thunderstorm.  Bummer!!

Because of the festival, my best friends, Jamie and Emily were home from Chicago and we went out to dinner at Noir. A fabulous tapas restaurant in Peoria Heights. Go there! Here's the website to see the menu and such. 
These pictures are from the website...
We talked about Jamie's wedding, Emily's future plans for owning and operating an orchard (so awesome), and having our babies together someday. We're in our 12th year of friendship, me and those girls.

Oh, and we got this new delightful coffee maker...
LOVE IT!

No comments: