Saturday, October 16, 2010

Smooooothies

 I was overambitious with the bunch of bananas I bought this week and we decided we needed to get them finished up quick, because they were becoming brown. I love alliteration. Taylor was overly excited to hear that I thought of a way to eat the browning bananas for dinner!! ;)
The first smoothie I made was from the blender recipes pamphlet.
  • 2 cups fruit (I used 2 smallish bananas and 2 clementines, a little more than 2 cups)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp sugar (this seemed like a lot, but it was really good and sweet that way)
  • 1-2 cups ice
     Taylor loved this one so much and drank mine too. He thought it was so much better than Smoothie King, which is such a funny and overwhelming place. I didn't enjoy the texture because of the clementine white parts, and they were very prevalent. (Speaking of this, I eat lunch with two students every week in my classroom and we just sit and eat and have a fun lunchtime together. I had a clementine in my lunch and one of the girls loved them, so I shared it with her, but the other girl wouldn't eat it because she doesn't like the white parts of oranges/clementines. What is that white part called?)

    The next one we tried was a Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie. I read several recipes and then I just put this together in the blender:
    • 2 frozen smallish bananas
    • 1 1/2 cups milk
    • 2 tbsp chocolate syrup 
    • 1/2 cup peanut butter
     This one was really, really good. It was a little rich, so I'd go easier on the peanut butter and chocolate next time.  Taylor liked it so much he accidentally drank most of mine, too! (He said I said it was okay, but I wasn't listening apparently. It was kind of hilarious and I didn't mind because it was so chocolatey.)
    Yumms!

    No comments: