Sunday, April 04, 2010

Four Layer Lemon Truffle Cake

This was a huge undertaking for me. I've never baked a cake that didn't come from a box. Everything in this recipe was homemade...the cakes, the lemon curd, the truffle filling, but I substituted store bought frosting for whipped cream because of logistical concerns. The recipe, found here, was from recipegirl.com. If you try this, be prepared for intense whisking and multitasking and hard work. It was such a reward to see it coming out looking right though! You'll never grow as a baker or a cook if you don't try new and difficult things. What should I try next? A pie? Taylor's favorite is key lime pie. Yes! I should try that next month. Here are just a few pictures. If you end up making it, let me know so I can give you a few tips.
This last picture shows how much is left over after EIGHT people have eaten a piece! Plenty for LOST night!

No comments: