- Use a chef's chopper (small food processor) to finely chop about 3/4 of a medium onion. Put this in a soup pot with a couple of tablespoons of marg. to saute. Add 1 tsp. minced garlic.
- Cut up 3/4 lb. of potatoes (any kind, but I used tiny golden potatoes) and add to the onion.
- Add 5 cups of hot water & bouillon combo./stock (whatever you like to use for soups.) Bring to a boil for about 15 minutes and then reduce to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, finely chop carrots and broccoli in a chef's chopper. I used a handful of baby carrots and one whole stalk of broccoli for this step.
- Add the veggies, plus some larger pieces of broccoli.
- Pour in one cup of half and half.
- Pour in about 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste, stir until it's ready to eat.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Broccoli & Potato Cheddar Soup--Best Soup Ever
this soup. While I was making it, I tweaked it quite a bit, so I'm going to write down what I did here (from what I remember.) In person, the soup wasn't that yellow actually.