Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Bake

I found this recipe in this Gooseberry Patch recipe book, which Christine gave me for my birthday this year. There are some good recipes in that book! I should note that Taylor had TJ over for tv watching this week while I was at Back to School night, and they loved this as leftovers. (I also just think it's a funny scenario that they were in the kitchen cheffing this up while I was gone. :))
Ingredients:
  • 1 rotisserie chicken (or a few cooked chicken breasts)
  • 3 stalks of broccoli
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 box of Stove Top stuffing
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1/2 cup mayonaisse
Steam the broccoli for a few minutes so it's bright green, and lay this on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Chop up the chicken and layer it next. Mix the soup and mayo together and pour them on top. Add the cheese next. Mix the butter and stuffing and sprinkle over the top. You may not need all of the box of stuffing, but I put it on anyway just to use it. Bake this at 350 for about 20 minutes. I served it with microwaved Bob Evans mashed potatoes. Very easy and very good! It was great on a cool fall night.

No comments: