Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pan Seared Red Snapper and Baked Asparagus

This was a funny dinner because during the first two minutes, I was choking on my drink and Penny was using the floor as her bathroom. But the food was so delicious!
I can't believe how easy and fast it is to make warm, good, and healthy food. This dinner took maybe 20 minutes from start to finish...there was a lot of multitasking and a little chaos, especially with the puppy at my feet, but the end result was very much worth it. The asparagus recipe can be found here...and it was awesome. I think I put a little too much olive oil and that caused them to be not as crispy as they were supposed to be, but I would definitely make this again. Even Taylor liked it! The red snapper I found frozen at Schnuck's for a pretty good price. The most difficult process was taking the skin or scales off of the fish, and the fillets turned into smaller pieces than they originally were. I'm not sure if you're supposed to eat that or not...but from what I read, you're not. So why do they sell it like that? I don't understand. This recipe was from AllRecipes.com, here. I had everything on hand except for the green onions, so I omitted them. I also was afraid of burning the fish, so my pan wasn't as hot as it was supposed to be. As a side, I made a box of garlic couscous. This was the first time I've had this and thought it was delightful. It's similar to pasta or rice, but the texture and flavor is a little more interesting. It has more protein than rice, way more vitamins than pasta, and it has less fat than both. So it's just great.

No comments: