Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baked Penne Rigate


I usually call this Baked Ziti, but I've never actually used ziti. I like this kind of pasta better for this dish, plus I like to tell Penny that we're making her pasta and so and so. This is a very easy dish and very frugal. It costs about $6 for the three ingredients and serves about 6!
  1. Boil 1 lb. of pasta. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Pour half of the pasta (with just a little bit of the water left in it) into a 9x13 baking dish. I usually use a ceramic dish.
  3. Pour half of a big jar of pasta sauce over the pasta.
  4. Pour half of a bag of mozzarella cheese (4 cup bag or 2 cup bag...the more cheese the better) over the sauce.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4.
  6. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or longer. The cheese will get melty and the pasta will absorb some of the sauce and water, making it pipping hot and delish.

No comments: